* Relocation from any U.S. location to Washington.
* For additional information regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at www.tgn.com.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
* Work and lead within a small, talented design team to conceive and build the user experience for http://beta.myfamily.com
* Identify interaction design opportunities and innovate to create a best-of-breed user experience for a fresh Web 2.0 product
* Apply user-centered design methods to ensure an engaging, appropriate and usable social software and collaborative multimedia authoring applications
* Work closely with the Creative Director, product managers and developers to define overall product direction and UI requirements
* Help define direction and briefs for understanding users through usability and ethnographic research studies
* Translate research findings into compelling interface designs
* Develop and document structural design paradigms, structures and paper prototypes
* Design and produce graphics and pages for the final product
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field (Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology ) or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years web experience; ability to design both structure and look and feel of data-driven web sites and web applications for ongoing production and maintenance.
- Extremely strong knowledge of and experience in, interaction design, information architecture and graphic design.
- Experience with user centered design and user research (ethnography, usability testing)
- Deep working knowledge of cross-browser xHTML, CSS, and industry standard design software.
- Love the web as much as we do!
- Excellent writing and communication skills; with an outstanding portfolio.
myfamily.com 2.0 beta – Create a private family website to share photos and stories: "Since 1998, myfamily.com has provided private family web sites to help millions of people stay connected with those who matter most. Continuing that tradition, myfamily.com 2.0 beta introduces a new generation of FREE family web sites for sharing photos, stories, news, and more."
http://beta.myfamily.com - Google Search